The checklist: pick up groceries ... sign that form ... pay that bill. When life gets busy, it’s easy to lose track of things. Not to worry. We’ve got your back with Capital One Alerts.
One of the benefits you enjoy as a Capital One customer is access to our mobile app. On top of having your account details at your fingertips, you’ll be able to set up account alerts that help you stay on top of your purchases (so you can focus on everything else).
Once you’ve signed up for an online banking account, you’ll be able to set up text and email alerts that notify you when:
You’ve made a purchase
You’re getting a little too close to your credit limit
Your payment is due and your statement is ready
There’s suspicious activity or a double charge on your account
Your balance has gone over a particular limit that you’ve set
Find out how to set up account alerts in our Support Centre.
Interested in a Capital One credit card? Try Quick Check® first. Quick Check can tell you which card you’ll be approved for before you apply. It won’t impact your credit score, and you’ll get a response in seconds.
* If approved by Quick Check, you can be 100% sure your card application will be accepted as long as:
1. There’s been no change in your credit file information, personal information or financial status from the time you receive your Quick Check results to the time you apply for one of our credit cards;
2. You’re at least the age of majority in the province or territory you live in;
3. Your application isn’t flagged for fraud prevention;
4. You don’t have an existing Capital One account; and
5. You haven’t applied for a Capital One account in the last 30 days or had an account with us that was not in good standing in the last year. In good standing means not past due, over limit, fraudulent, restricted, or part of a consumer credit counselling program or bankruptcy.
In some cases, we may not be able to open an account for you even though your application was approved. This can happen if we’re unable to verify your identity, or you don’t provide the required security funds if you’re approved for a Secured Mastercard®.