For some, a credit card isn’t a huge deal. But if you’re looking to establish your credit score – or improve it – a credit card can feel like the key to bigger things, like purchasing a car or being able to request a loan in the future.
We love it when our customers see the benefits of their hard work. For example, over 70% of our customers1 who made their payments on time saw an increase in their credit score.
Below, our customers share what happens when a credit card company believes in them.
“Ever since getting my Capital One Secured credit card my credit score has gone up. I can now keep track of my credit score and what is affecting it. I would definitely recommend this card to anyone looking to improve their credit score.”
“I love my credit card and I’m so happy I got the opportunity to get approved so I can build my credit back. Thank you Capital One.”
“I am happy to be able to increase my credit score. Thank you Capital One.”
“Very happy with how they are helping me rebuild my credit.”
Building your credit takes time and dedication, and we’re proud of how our customers continue to work towards their future.
Want to know how to build your score?
Be sure to make your payments on time
Try to pay more than the minimum monthly payment, if you’re able
Keep an eye on your transactions – try not to go over your credit limit
Already know what it takes to build your credit? Here’s how to keep track of it!
Credit Keeper® from Capital One lets you check your credit score for free, and you don’t have to have one of our credit cards to use it.2 You can track your score regularly and see how it changes over time. (Please note that Credit Keeper is currently unavailable to residents of Quebec.)
If you’re interested in applying for a Capital One credit card, try Quick Check® before you apply. It’ll tell you which card you’ll be approved for with 100% certainty.3
1 Based on January 2020 to December 2022 data retrieved from Equifax Canada. Multiple factors can impact your credit score.
2 The credit score and report information provided by Credit Keeper is intended for educational purposes only. Lenders and other commercial users may use a different type of credit score and other information when making credit decisions. Credit Keeper is currently not available to residents of Quebec.
3 You’ll be approved for the credit card recommended to you by Quick Check, as long as:
1. There’s been no change in your credit file information, personal information or financial status from the time you receive your Quick Check results to the time you apply for one of our credit cards;
2. You’re at least the age of majority in the province or territory you live in;
3. Your application isn’t flagged for fraud prevention;
4. You don’t have an existing Capital One account; and
5. You haven’t applied for a Capital One account in the last 30 days or had an account with us that was not in good standing in the last year. In good standing means not past due, over limit, fraudulent, restricted, or part of a consumer credit counselling program or bankruptcy.